What We Do...
UCB Timing provides race timing and race management services for running and cycling events. Our events include road running, trail running, XC running, obstacle races, road cycling, time trails and mountain biking.
Our goal is to provide a premium race experience for both participants and race organizations. We achieve this through the use of state-of-the-art timing & results technology combined with excellent customer service.
UCB Timing offers professional race timing using cutting edge technology from our state of the art Jaguar Chip Timing System – the simplest and most dependable timing technology in the world - with features no other timing company can match. When it comes to events, we know just how important accurate timing is. We offer easy to use on-line registration and modern, searchable on-line results to your participants. Most importantly, we strive to provide race organizers with the highest level of customer service. We take pride in assuring you that your events timing and results will be handled professionally, and accurately.
- Cutting Edge RFID Bib Chip Timing Technology
- Disposable, low cost chip options
- Timing for running, cycling, time trials, series events, charity events, etc.
- Timing of events of up to 5,000 participants
- Accurate results
- Durable in any type of weather
- Start and finish trussing structures, finish chutes, and professional results setup
- Real time reports at any time during a race
- Management of on-line registration and race day registration directly integrated into the race timing software
What is Jaguar?
Jaguar is a state of the art timing system that utilizes a disposable RFID timing chip that can be attached to a race bib, bike plate, or bike helmet. The disposable chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions. Jaguar also has ankle-strap chips for swimming and multi-sport events.
The Jaguar system can time every imaginable type of event including road running races of any distance, cross country meets, trail run races, road cycling and time trials, mountain bike races, downhill and cross-country skiing, kayaking, and almost every other sport that involves movement and time.
How does the Jaguar System work?
Jaguar uses ultra-efficient antennas that are placed above and beside the finish line and other timing locations such as start and split points. Using specially customized RFID readers, Jaguar can read the disposable timing chips in the most demanding environment - on the human body. Being made mostly of water, the human body does a great job of absorbing RF energy. That makes it extremely difficult to read the very low-power signal reflected back from a timing chip. Jaguar has the engineering technology that allows disposable bib chips to work extraordinarily well.
UCB Timing Jaguar Advantages:
Jaguar offers clear advantages to both race organizers and participants. Some of the advantages are:
- Fool-proof timing tag remains a part of the bib
- Once a participant picks up their packet they are done
- No timing mats or ramps to trip over or block emergency vehicles
- Attractive and professional appearance for your finish line
- Free flowing finish line
- Fewer volunteers needed
- No post-race sorting of chips and no charges for lost chips
- Results available on the Internet when race is complete
- Can be used for virtually any active event